We are proud to announce SG Esports successfully participated in the UQ HYPE SPIN Accelerator Bootcamp, securing a position in the 3 month global accelerator for Australian sports technology startups.
After a 2 day bootcamp at University of Queensland focusing on investment, pitching and mentor interviews, Sean Callanan presented the vision and business model for SG Esports to a panel of judges, vying for one of 10 positions in the accelerator specifically for sports tech companies.
Sean Callanan on the bootcamp process, “I enjoyed being challenged by the UQ mentors and refining our pitch to an audience of sports and technology executives. I look forward to learning from the HYPE mentors and helping fellow startups succeed in the sports market.”
Congratulations to our fellow 2019 UQ HYPE SPIN Accelerator startups:
- BiiB– Community-based run motivator platform (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- HeartBit– The world’s first smart garment capable of real time medical grade ECG waveform monitoring, prediction and detection of heart anomalies (QLD, Australia)
- Moovosity– Inspiring children to enjoy a life of physical activity by empowering educators with the tools and resources to teach the fundamentals of movement. (QLD, Australia)
- PUML– Incentivising active movement and securing digital health data on the blockchain. (QLD, Australia)
- Quipmo– The surf, bike and snow peer-to-peer gear rental marketplace for locals and adventurers alike! (WA, Australia)
- SG Esports– An esports media business built on the pillars of sponsorship, membership and grassroots. (VIC, Australia)
- Siren Media– Helping teams engage fans and monetise game day with content. (QLD, Australia)
- SportsCube– A SaaS based marketplace built for community sport. (QLD, Australia)
- Stattr– Data, video and social platform for grass roots sport. (VIC, Australia)
- Status Sport– Paperless community sport. (QLD, Australia)
About Hype Spin Innovation
With partnerships in four continents, HYPE Sports Innovation has built the first global sports innovation startup accelerator network, hosted by academic institutions and sports clubs.
The HYPE SPIN Accelerator helps startups from all over the world to convert their ideas into a bona fide innovation and solution, showcase it on the world stage and offer various opportunities to connect, learn from and interact with industry leaders.
The Australian cohort is run by University of Queensland with cohorts in Italy, Sweden & UK running concurrently as part of the global sports innovation accelerator network. Read more about the announcement here
Interested in investing in esports?
Contact Sean Callanan to chat about esports