In this third episode of our special Money in Esports series, Sean Callanan chats with Rob O’Gorman about Tennis Australia‘s foray into esports and the success of Fortnite Summer Smash.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- How the Fortnite Summer Smash come about and their preparations for its launch at the Australian Open
- Tennis Australia’s partnership with Epic
- How did they measure the success of Fortnite Summer Smash event
- What they have learned from the audience who attended the event
- The difference in staging a sports broadcast event and an esports broadcast event
- How did tennis benefit from the esports partnership
This episode is a replay from the Money in Esports Summit held in Sydney on August 9.
You can subscribe to Sports Geek podcast here for more episodes on sports, marketing, technology & esports.
Learn more about Gravitas at Gravitas.gg
Come along to Melbourne Esports Open and join our guided tour.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download